Thursday, October 6, 2011

Stuff I Made

So, I have been crafty lately. It's something I look forward to during the day and it motivates me to get all my work done. So I wanted to share a few of the things I made. I'm also working on photographing my projects, so please excuse the amateur pictures.

I really needed a place to organize my time, family events and random papers. I was drooling over these awesome bulletin boards. So I wanted to make some of my own. I got a regular frame to be the dry-erase part of the Wall Of Organization.


I put fabric under the glass and just use a regular dry erase marker to make my daily to-do lists. I found a frame with no glass in the clearance section at Michael's. It was perfect for the next section of the Wall Of Organization: the magnet board. This part turned out to be a little more complicated than I anticipated. I went to Home Depot and got a metal sheet. I covered that with the same fabric. 


John had some super-strong magnets and he said I could use them. So I glued some pretty glass on them and had some lovely magnets. 


It took a little more work and cost a little more than I thought, but it turned out really well. And the best part is it's really working to help me stay organized. 


The next thing is an idea a good friend of mine had. Someone made her daughter a really cute pillowcase dress and she thought we could use it as a pattern for a dress for Aubrey. I has some fabric that I had bought intending to use in Aubrey's room, but those decorating plans kind of changed. So the fabric was available for a new project!


It's pretty cute and Aubrey wore it to church. Sadly, the binding fell off while we were there. And it's kind of too short for her. So I'll still have to practice my dress-making skills. 


2 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Very impressed with the wall of organization. I need a couple of those...

    ReplyDelete