Monday, July 25, 2011

Baby Wise by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam

4daa810ae7a02a28c9f88110.L.jpg

When we brought Aubrey home from the hospital, I think we were all sort of sick of having such a strict routine.  We let Aubrey eat whenever she wanted and sleep whenever she wanted.  And then that sort of backfired when her sleeping got really disorganized.  I was talking to a dear friend about it and she lent me this book.  It is really good and it has helped a lot.  Aubrey is starting to sleep for long stretches at night and she is much happier during the day.  I like this book because it is moderate.  It talks about having a routine, but being flexible.  It teaches that the routine should serve you and your family, not the other way around.  So this book has worked really well for me.  


2 comments:

  1. I liked that book too - it seemed like common sense to me. And common sense parenting is pretty cool in my books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about what works best for you! So glad she is sleeping better at night, that makes a HUGE difference for mom (and dad). :)

    ReplyDelete